Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bing's new Facebook-powered social search features go live

Filed under: Microsoft, Search
The continued integration between Bing and Facebook, which we originally covered a couple of weeks ago, has now gone live -- at least for US users. Now, if you are logged into Facebook, your Bing search results will be 'socially tailored' -- i.e. if a friend has liked a website, it will be at the top of your search results. Profiles will also appear if you search for names.

LiveSide is reporting that you can use an 'American' URL -- http://www.bing.com/?mkt=en-us -- to try it out, but it didn't seem to work for me. Try as I might, I couldn't get my friends' faces to pop up next to popular search results -- so either it's not enabled for everyone, or I just don't have enough friends.

Incidentally, you can block Bing from interacting with your Facebook -- though why I have to opt out, rather than opt in... I will never know.Bing's new Facebook-powered social search features go live originally appeared on Download Squad on Wed, 03 Nov 2010 06:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

KDDI KLATENCOR KONINKLIJKE KPN

No comments:

Post a Comment